Man, 3 teens arrested in connection to nearly 80 violent King County robberies
Add Reply
JamesR
2024-10-13 08:21:04 UTC
KING COUNTY, Wash. — A man and three teenagers were arrested Thursday in
connection to nearly 80 violent robberies throughout King County, the
Seattle Police Department announced.

At a press conference Friday afternoon, DetectiveBrian Whicker said
authorities arrested a 15-year-old, two 16-year-olds and an 18-year-old
in connection to the crimes after coordinated surveillance.

In early September, several King County law enforcement agencies began
investigating a trend in robberies at gas stations, convenience stores
and late-night fast-food restaurants. The SPD said the violent crimes
also included carjackings, burglaries and shootings.

The crime spree totaled 78 known cases throughout King County, including
at least 22 in the city of Seattle.Likely 100 or more people were
terrorized during those armed robberies and carjackings, thankfully
police report no serious injuries.

Whicker said the Seattle Robbery Unit with the assistance of the Gun
Violence Reduction Unit conducted surveillance and became aware that the
suspects were known to frequent in Federal Way.During their
surveillance, the teams became aware of a carjacking in Bellevue that
fit the descriptions of the previous crimes. The surveillance teams saw
the suspects enter an apartment building.

"Seattle Police SWAT operators were mobilized as were King County’s
Guardian One helicopter and K9 units," Seattle police said.

With Guardian One's assistance, police were able to follow the suspects
once they left the apartment. According to Whicker, the suspects were
driving recklessly and ran through several red lights.

Police deployed a Terminator (tire deflation device) which the suspects
ultimately drove over. While they pulled over to try and change their
tire, a SWAT team moved in and arrested two of the suspects. The other
two suspects were involved a brief foot pursuit before being taken into
custody.

Chief Tom Mahaffey said two guns were recovered during the arrests. One
of the firearms had an extended magazine that police said was seen
"inalmost all of the surveillance footage of these robberies."

All four arrested Thursday went before judges on Friday. A King County
Judge set bail at $100,000 for the 18-year-old man in this case.

The 3 teens, ages 15 and 16 remain in custody, even though one was sure
he'd be released today, according to the conversation Seattle Whicker
shared during Friday's press conference.

“The conversation led to him basically saying, ‘can I get booked into
jail because I’d like to be let out tomorrow. That took me off a little
bit and I said you are not getting out tomorrow and he says if I get
booked into jail today, they will let me out tomorrow. I let him know
that this was not going to be the case, but it is in their mind that
upon getting booked into jail, they will be released the next day,”
explained Detective Whicker.

He said this is something that they are seeing with multiple juveniles;
they believe an arrest is a quick in and out stop.

Interim Seattle Police Chief Sue Rahr made a point about these crimes,
that these are not just kids playing cops and robbers.

“These kids are very, very dangerous and our system has to figure out a
way or we have to figure out a way for our system to properly balance
the cognitive abilities of a juvenile against the dangers that they're
presenting,” said Rahr.

In some ways, she said they are more dangerous because they’re more
impulsive and unpredictable.

Whicker explained the suspect was under the impression that if was
booked into jail on Thursday he would be let out on Friday.

Mahaffey said investigators believe the suspects are responsible for at
least 78 documented crimes, 22 of which occurred in Seattle.

"In total, SPD has arrested five individuals who are associated with
these various robberies and other crimes," Seattle police said.

Seattle police are working with other law enforcement agencies to
continue their investigation.

https://komonews.com/news/local/3-teens-adult-arrested-connection-carjackings-violent-armed-robberies-king-county-gunfire-seattle-police-department-investigation#
Baxter
2024-10-13 15:41:20 UTC
And this has what to do with Oregon?
alan downs
Weak-sister Oregon is run by queers just like Seattle is.
a425couple
2024-10-15 17:15:11 UTC
Post by Baxter
Post by JamesR
KING COUNTY, Wash. — A man and three teenagers were arrested
Thursday in connection to nearly 80 violent robberies throughout King
County, the Seattle Police Department announced.
And this has what to do with Oregon?
Baxter does not think Liberals de-criminalizing CRIME, has anything
to do with outside his neighborhood.