Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
a425couple
2020-02-05 14:32:18 UTC
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
Baxter
2020-02-05 16:16:30 UTC
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
max headroom
2020-02-05 17:35:30 UTC
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
Only if you subscribe to the view that *any* publicity is good, because the publicity Pelosi's
getting isn't laudatory.
Baxter
2020-02-06 04:34:15 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
Only if you subscribe to the view that *any* publicity is good,
because the publicity Pelosi's getting isn't laudatory.
You might try listening to other environments sometime -- but then you
little universe would crumble into ashes.
max headroom
Huh? You want me to give up on NPR?
Baxter
2020-02-06 05:08:56 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
Only if you subscribe to the view that *any* publicity is good,
because the publicity Pelosi's getting isn't laudatory.
You might try listening to other environments sometime -- but then
you little universe would crumble into ashes.
Huh? You want me to give up on NPR?
NPR reported the facts - they didn't say anything negative about Pelosi.

Apparently you NPR is from an alternate universe.
max headroom
NPR reported the negative responses her tantrum generated.
Baxter
From tRumpanzees. Who cares - besides other tRumpanzees?
max headroom
So anyone who has a different viewpoint is dehumanized. Isn't that liberal of you?
Klaus Schadenfreude
2020-02-06 19:50:58 UTC
On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 08:52:34 -0800, "max headroom"
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
Only if you subscribe to the view that *any* publicity is good,
because the publicity Pelosi's getting isn't laudatory.
You might try listening to other environments sometime -- but then
you little universe would crumble into ashes.
Huh? You want me to give up on NPR?
NPR reported the facts - they didn't say anything negative about Pelosi.
Apparently you NPR is from an alternate universe.
NPR reported the negative responses her tantrum generated.
From tRumpanzees. Who cares - besides other tRumpanzees?
So anyone who has a different viewpoint is dehumanized. Isn't that liberal of you?
"Again, there is nothing sacred or even special about human life."
-LeRoy "Tolerant Progressive" Baxter
Klaus Schadenfreude
2020-02-06 14:30:13 UTC
On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 04:34:15 +0000 (UTC), Baxter
Post by Baxter
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
Only if you subscribe to the view that *any* publicity is good,
because the publicity Pelosi's getting isn't laudatory.
You might try listening to other environments sometime
Like you peruse your NRA subscription, you mean?

"Laugh laugh laugh laugh."
-Lee Harrison 1957-2012, RIP

https://nypost.com/2020/02/05/nancy-pelosi-pre-ripped-pages-of-trumps-sotu-speech-video-shows/
Nancy Pelosi ‘pre-ripped’ pages of Trump’s SOTU speech, video shows

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi apparently made tiny tears in her copy of
President Trump’s State of the Union address — so that her
speech-ripping moment could go off without a hitch.

As Trump introduced cancer-stricken radio host Rush Limbaugh — who
received the Medal of Freedom during the speech — Pelosi could be seen
grabbing the pages off the table.

Video shows her making what seemed to be a tearing motion and then
placing the pages back on the table.
Baxter
2020-02-06 16:22:26 UTC
Post by Baxter
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
Only if you subscribe to the view that *any* publicity is good,
because the publicity Pelosi's getting isn't laudatory.
You might try listening to other environments sometime
Like you peruse your NRA subscription, you mean?
"Laugh laugh laugh laugh."
-Lee Harrison 1957-2012, RIP
https://nypost.com/2020/02/05/nancy-pelosi-pre-ripped-pages-of-trumps-s
otu-speech-video-shows/ Nancy Pelosi ‘pre-ripped’ pages of Trump’s
Yep. And you're talking about Nancy instead of tRump.
Klaus Schadenfreude
2020-02-06 19:53:10 UTC
Post by Baxter
Post by max headroom
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
[...]
You hate that, doncha Leroy?

EVERYONE is making fun of Nancy, and with good cause. The senile old
windbag was in way above her head, and Trump kicked her ass.

Pathetic! LOL
Al Czervik
2020-02-06 03:38:51 UTC
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
He shouldn't be. The White House perfectly tweeted this:

Speaker Pelosi just ripped up:

One of our last surviving Tuskegee Airmen.
The survival of a child born at 21 weeks.
The mourning families of Rocky Jones and Kayla Mueller.
A service member's reunion with his family.

That's her legacy.
Baxter
2020-02-06 04:32:37 UTC
Post by Al Czervik
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
One of our last surviving Tuskegee Airmen.
The survival of a child born at 21 weeks.
The mourning families of Rocky Jones and Kayla Mueller.
A service member's reunion with his family.
That's her legacy.
Nope. Especially not the Tuskegee Airmen - tRump shat all over the
Tuskegee Airmen by giving racist Rush Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom.
tRump used the Tuskegee Airmen and others as props for his Reality TV
"state of the union" show - where he talked about himself and not the
state of the nation.
max headroom
2020-02-06 04:45:39 UTC
Post by Baxter
Post by Al Czervik
Post by Baxter
Post by a425couple
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you look like you need a Snickers bar!
Mean mugging the entire time, then tearing up POTUS speech!
tRump is pissed - because now people are talking about Nancy and not tRump.
One of our last surviving Tuskegee Airmen.
The survival of a child born at 21 weeks.
The mourning families of Rocky Jones and Kayla Mueller.
A service member's reunion with his family.
That's her legacy.
Nope. Especially not the Tuskegee Airmen - tRump shat all over the
Tuskegee Airmen by giving racist Rush Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom....
What specific action has Limbaugh done that qualifies as 'racist'?
Oh, the irony! You must have missed all of Obama's SOTU addresses.
Baxter
https://is.gd/gKtEWs
max headroom
So, you got nothing. Figures.
Al Czervik
2020-02-06 14:15:57 UTC
Not racist
I understand you want to move the goalposts but the accusation was
"racist".
but otherwise shameful were Limbaugh's rhetorical attack on Sandra Fluke.
Does she not want the public to subsidize her sex life?

Yea... CNN. Fake news (editing the clip - not including retraction) the
with an agenda. Was this included in the video clip:

"Okay, so she's not a slut. She's "round heeled". I take it back."
Walt In Seattle
2020-02-06 23:10:02 UTC
If this is an example of how carefully you evaluate information, Al...... The clip I provided was NOT from CNN but from ABC. The Fluke controversy occurred while Tapper was still with ABC! To contend Limbaugh apologized is ludicrous, your quote with not much standing.
http://youtu.be/Jfb9f7yFYgw
Al Czervik
2020-02-07 04:41:26 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattle
If this is an example of how carefully you evaluate information, Al...... The clip I provided was NOT from CNN but from ABC.
If that mistake is important to you, you are easy to distract.

The Fluke controversy occurred while Tapper was still with ABC! To
contend Limbaugh apologized is ludicrous, your quote with not much standing.

RUSH: What does it say about the college co-ed Sandra Fluke, who goes
before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be
paid to have sex, what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right?
It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's
having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and
me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us?
We're the pimps. (interruption) The johns? We would be the johns? No!
We're not the johns. (interruption) Yeah, that's right. Pimp's not the
right word. Okay, so she's not a slut. She's "round heeled." I take it back.
https://web.archive.org/web/20120306050417/http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/02/29/butt_sisters_are_safe_from_newt_and_rick
Walt In Seattle

Al Czervik
2020-02-08 04:14:02 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattle
When you're ready to have a serious discussion, Al.........
Why on Earth do you want a serious discussion? You ignore what Rush
actually said because you have a clairvoyant ability to ascertain the
motives of someone you don't even know. With that type of ability your
"serious discussion" isn't for each of us to objectively share ideas and
come to a similar conclusion.
Walt In Seattle
Walt In Seattle
2020-02-05 17:22:21 UTC
I listened to the SOTU instead of watching it. Thus, I did not see Nancy Pelosi "mean mugging". If she was, I'd find it to be as childish as President Trump's typical public behavior.

As for the content of the speech, I note that it is among the most divisive SOTUs I've ever witnessed. I would not begrudge Rush Limbaugh his Medal of Freedom award. However, it seems the medal should have been presented at a Rose Garden event rather than at the SOTU where it was obviously intended to be a political poke in the eye for Democrats.

Much of the speech was either about what Trump has accomplished -- as if no one else had anything to do with such accomplishments -- and attacking Obama, as if Obama was the most incompetent president in U.S. history or perhaps even malevolent, the latter being a common implication from Trump on some occasions when he speaks or tweets of Obama.

Trump's comments on "socialism" as they relate to health care proposals from Democats running for President are par-for-the-course in a Trump campaign rally but hardly belonged in a SOTU speech *IF* that speech was designed to minimize rather than ratchet up divisive rhetoric.

Along his presented lines of division -- and possibly as a vindictive shot at Nancy Pelosi -- Trump blasted California for "sanctuary" policies and law he described in inflammatory fashion as well as with typical inaccuracy, as if the case he cherrypicked was or is representative of what commonly occurs in California regarding illegal immigrants or even illegal immigrants who violate the law in California. But, for Trump, such was made for a campaign opportunity wrapped up in the SOTU which, in any reasonable final analysis, was far, far, far from suggesting people come together in cooperation and unity. The SOTU's major purpose instead was to evoke division and heighten bitter rivalry. Certainly, Trump is not an olive branch kind of guy. He's a brawler. That seems to be all he knows to do in a political context.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article239975303.html
Walt In Seattle
I'm sure he's sorry that his karma ran over your dogma.
max headroom
2020-02-06 01:58:00 UTC
But it was so appropriate to your dogmatic whine!
Walt In Seattle
2020-02-06 08:51:56 UTC
I understand you might believe those words were appropriate. Whether that's true is another matter. If I'm in error, why not illustrate the error(s) with specificity?
max headroom
2020-02-06 15:14:45 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattle
I understand you might believe those words were appropriate. Whether that's true is another
matter. If I'm in error, why not illustrate the error(s) with specificity?
Your criticisms of Trump's SOTU speech was highly partisan. It wasn't much different than Obama's
before him, or Dubya's or BJ Clinton's or Bush The First's or Reagan's or Carter's &c., except we
couldn't play the Obama "I" drinking game. SOTU address are invariably a brag list of what's been
accomplished so far and a wish list of legislation the current president wants Congress to pass.
Al Czervik
2020-02-06 03:44:57 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattle
I listened to the SOTU instead of watching it. Thus, I did not see Nancy Pelosi "mean mugging". If she was, I'd find it to be as childish as President Trump's typical public behavior.
As for the content of the speech, I note that it is among the most divisive SOTUs I've ever witnessed. I would not begrudge Rush Limbaugh his Medal of Freedom award. However, it seems the medal should have been presented at a Rose Garden event rather than at the SOTU where it was obviously intended to be a political poke in the eye for Democrats.
Much of the speech was either about what Trump has accomplished -- as if no one else had anything to do with such accomplishments
One of the things conservatives did with Obama's speeches was count the
number of times he said, "I" or "my". I'm sure both Presidents are
comparable.
Post by Walt In Seattle
-- and attacking Obama,
Obama attacked Bush at every turn that it got to be a joke, "It's Bush's
fault".
Oh, yea... Trump is planting anti-socialism seeds now.
Walt In Seattle
Al Czervik
2020-02-06 14:01:47 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattle
How about making apples to apples or SOTU to SOTU comparisons to backup your assertion(s), Al?
Is Snopes OK? Obama self-reference 67 times in his farewell address:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is-barack-obama-more-self-referential-than-donald-trump/

People are counting you can Google, you can do your own count - the
speeches are online.
Al Czervik
2020-02-06 14:03:31 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattle
How about making apples to apples or SOTU to SOTU comparisons to backup your assertion(s), Al?
Not too hard to find:
https://www.westernjournal.com/heres-many-times-trump-said-first-sotu-address-compare-obamas/

You can search using websites you trust but so say that Obama was *LESS*
self-referential than Trump would not be an accurate statement.
Walt In Seattle
2020-02-06 23:56:41 UTC
Let's get real. Context is everything, as they say. It truly is. A count of how many times someone says "I" or "MY" or even the royal "WE" proves nothing of substance, Al. The real issue is whether Trump was and is self-consumed as opposed to Obama. It's clear that Trump is the most self-directed presidnet this nation may have ever had, even more than Nixon. Self-orientation has defined Trump through most of his life. The Access Hollywood Tape demonstrates his arrogance quite well. Yet, there's far more, including his inability to let pass any assertion from the U.S. Intelligence Commnity and even Mueller that Russia acted to influence the 2016 presidential election in his favor because he perceives that makes him look as if he could not have won the election on his own. The same concept applies to the popular vote in the 2016 election which he HAD to assert was won by Clinton only because of illegal votes -- a premise he, of course, could never prove. He had to order the park service not to provide definitive information on the number of people attending his Inaugural and forced Spicer to create the concept of "alternative facts" because he has a pathological need never to be publicly bested.

Certainly, Obama had or has his share of need to be validated as someone who matters and you can find evidence of it, even in his SOTUs. But, by comparison, Trump has Obama beat without credible argument. That's the way I see it.
Al Czervik
2020-02-07 04:50:28 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattle
Let's get real. Context is everything, as they say. It truly is.
It's a non-biased measurement. I understand that you want to inject
partisan rationale - that somehow Obama's context of "I" is superior to
Trump's - That Trump is narcissist and Obama is not. You are no
different than any partisan Trump supporter.