CBS News is accused of editing Vice President Kamala Harris' 'word salad'
Add Reply
a425couple
2024-10-11 17:56:29 UTC
CBS has become corrupt.
On Sunday they air Kamala's 'word salad' answer.
Then they realize how stupid she sounded, and
revise it for an edited improvement.

from
https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-cbs-staffers-call-outside-investigation-60-minutes-controversy-theres-problem-here

Former CBS staffers call for 'outside investigation' into '60 Minutes'
controversy: 'There's a problem here'
CBS News is accused of editing Vice President Kamala Harris' 'word
salad' answers on Israel
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn Fox News
Published October 10, 2024 8:58pm EDT

CBS airs different parts of Harris answer to same '60 Minutes' question
CBS aired one part of a Kamala Harris answer to a question about Israel
from its '60 Minutes' correspondent on Oct. 6, and then aired a shorter,
different part of the answer a day later.

Former CBS News staffers are reportedly calling on the network to launch
an external probe into the ongoing "60 Minutes" editing controversy.

CBS News has been at the center of outrage after it aired an edited clip
of Vice President Kamala Harris during its primetime "60 Minutes"
election special Monday that was different from a preview of the
unflattering exchange she had with veteran correspondent Bill Whitaker
that was widely panned by critics.

"I think there should be an outside investigation," a former CBS News
journalist told The New York Post on Thursday.

"Obviously, there’s a problem here. If they care about journalistic
integrity, they would conduct an investigation or release the full
transcript," the ex-CBS journalist added.

CBS ‘60 MINUTES’ AIRS TWO DIFFERENT ANSWERS FROM VP HARRIS TO THE SAME
QUESTION

Harris 60 Minutes
"60 Minutes" aired an edited exchange between correspondent Bill
Whitaker Vice President Kamala Harris for its primetime election special
after airing the Democrat's unflattering comments in a preview clip.
(Screenshots/CBS News)

"Their credibility has been called into question and their impartiality
has been called into question," a second source told The Post. "Don’t
you need a full-throated review of what went wrong?"

According to The Post, the CBS sources suggested the network bring back
Al Ortiz, its former standards and practices executive director, to
conduct an outside review. Ortiz retired in 2012 after working at CBS
for 43 years.

CBS News did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital's request for
comment.

TRUMP CALLS FOR CBS TO LOSE ITS BROADCASTING LICENSE AMID ‘60 MINUTES'
CONTROVERSY: ‘UNPRECEDENTED SCANDAL!'

The CBS Building, headquarters to CBS, was built in 1964 and designed by
the architect Eero Saarinen who wanted to build "the simplest skyscraper
in New York.
Former CBS staffers are calling on the network to launch an outside
probe to look into the "60 Minutes" controversy, according to The New
York Post. (Getty Images)

The controversy stems from an exchange Harris had with Whitaker about
the Biden administration's relationship with Israeli Prime Minister
Benjamin Netanyahu, with one answer released in a preview clip that
aired on Sunday's "Face The Nation" and another in Monday's primetime
special.

Harris was mocked by conservatives Sunday for offering a lengthy "word
salad" when she was asked why it seemed like Netanyahu wasn’t listening
to the U.S. However, the vice president’s lengthy answer didn’t make the
version that aired on Monday night and a different, shorter, more
focused answer to the same question was shown instead.

HARRIS' 'WORD SALAD' ANSWER ON ISRAEL ALLIANCE CONFOUNDS SOCIAL MEDIA
USERS: 'SOMEONE PLEASE INTERPRET'

"Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of
movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by, or a
result of, many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen
in the region," Harris responded in Sunday's "Face the Nation" version.

Sometimes interviews are edited to save time, but when CBS aired the
interview on Monday night, Harris was shown giving a different response
to the same question.

"We are not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United
States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to
end," Harris said instead.

Trump 60 Minutes
Former President Trump slammed CBS News for its "unprecedented scandal"
and called for the network to lose its broadcasting license. (AP
Photo/Carlos Osorio; Screenshot/CBS News)

Critics have accused CBS News of aiding the Harris campaign by cleaning
up her messy answer for the network's primetime audience.

Former President Trump blasted CBS News, calling for the network to lose
its broadcasting license over what he declared "the single biggest
scandal in broadcast history."

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"A giant Fake News Scam by CBS & 60 Minutes," Trump wrote Thursday on
Truth Social. "Her REAL ANSWER WAS CRAZY, OR DUMB, so they actually
REPLACED it with another answer in order to save her or, at least, make
her look better. A FAKE NEWS SCAM, which is totally illegal."

"TAKE AWAY THE CBS LICENSE," he continued. "Election Interference. She
is a Moron, and the Fake News Media wants to hide that fact. An
UNPRECEDENTED SCANDAL!!! The Dems got them to do this and should be
forced to concede the Election? WOW!"

The Harris campaign insists it had nothing to do with the edit, with an
aide telling Fox News Digital, "We do not control CBS's production
decisions and refer questions to CBS."

Joseph A. Wulfsohn is a media reporter for Fox News Digital. Story tips
can be sent to ***@fox.com and on Twitter: @JosephWulfsohn.

Conversation2.4K Comments
Discussions are moderated. For more details, click here.
Sort by

Best
LYAFEE4H
15 hours ago

If I remember correctly, and I do!

This is not the first, second, third time CBS has edited interviews for
political reasons.

There is more than enough evidence to prove CBS has crossed that line it
would take to pull the plug.

All the rest will fall in line and will play fair for ever and ever.

lakegirlaz
13 hours ago

CNN. MSNBC. NBC, and now CBS more than ever before.

They limit what they want their viewers to be aware of.

They supply the blinders.

westcoastindependent9345
12 hours ago

Yeah - I remember when '60 Minutes' in 2021 pushed a smear against
Desantis during the Florida Covid vaccine rollout. They deceptively
edited a clip, removing the middle section that blew apart their false
narrative. I call that the inside straight of media bias.

detroiter#
15 hours ago

Stopped watching 60 minutes years ago. Also stopped buying any products
that were advertised on the show.

boba671
9 hours ago

60 MINUTES should be RENAMED "THE CBS Agenda".

asianconservative88
11 hours ago

This proves even CBS themselves think Kamala is the dumbest.

TrueGrit
16 hours ago

I used to watch 60 Minutes with my dad when I was a kid. It used to be
respectable. Now, it’s as trustworthy as the National Enquirer.

jgsjama
15 hours ago

Absolutely agree! I watched the show back when there were only a handful
of channels to tune in to. I miss those simpler UNBIASED days!

At least we are ALL seeing the truth now after years of a corrupt media.
Change is coming and so is Trump!

tom71855
14 hours ago

same here. 40 years ago "60 minutes" was considered the gold standard
for news programs.
now they are below the national enquirer.

FollyBeachGuy
8 hours ago

Nothing to see here. When I was young and liberal, I loved 60 minutes -
and that's going back to their very first season. My views turned toward
the right and they continued left. The late, great Rush Limbaugh even
commented that he had been warn
Jim Wilkins
2024-10-14 12:50:46 UTC
"a425couple" wrote in message news:iFdOO.350076$***@fx14.iad...

CBS has become corrupt...
---------------------

"Journalist" has come to mean poorly educated whiner seeking excuses to
criticize and demean the people we depend on maintain civilization. They
rarely understand the more technically or economically sophisticated aspects
of what they cover well enough to distinguish facts from wishes or rumors.
Their "Fact Checking" mainly points out deviations from the left's Party
Line.
Baxter
2024-10-14 15:05:09 UTC
Post by Jim Wilkins
CBS has become corrupt...
"Journalist" has come to mean poorly educated whiner seeking excuses
to criticize and demean the people we depend on maintain civilization.
They rarely understand the more technically or economically
sophisticated aspects of what they cover well enough to distinguish
facts from wishes or rumors. Their "Fact Checking" mainly points out
deviations from the left's Party Line.
Bullshit! You conservaturds are making death threats agains Meterolgists
and FEMA responders. That's beyond the pale.