Mary Kay Letourneau, teacher who raped and later married student, dies from cancer at 58
Reston
2020-07-09 05:19:07 UTC
Mary Kay Letourneau, the Seattle-area teacher who gained national
notoriety when she pleaded guilty to raping her sixth-grade student Vili
Fualaau, died Tuesday of cancer at 58, her attorney confirmed.

Letourneau served seven years in prison for second-degree rape of a child
and was released in 2004. She grabbed more tabloid headlines after she and
her victim married less than a year after she got out of prison, when
Fualaau was 21.

The couple had two children together — one born while Letourneau was
awaiting sentencing, and another while she was in prison. They divorced in
August 2019, after 14 years of marriage.

In an A&E Biography special from 2018, Letourneau described Fualaau as
“insistent” when he was her student and she was his then-married teacher.

“He did corner me and said, ‘I’m in love with someone,’” Letourneau said.

According to Letourneau, she first raped Fualaau the summer after he
graduated from her sixth-grade class, when she was 34 and he was 13.

“When the sexual relationship started, it seemed natural,” Letourneau
said. “Should I have known better? I should have.”

A joint statement issued by both the Letourneau and Fualaau families said
Letourneau had been battling cancer for six months and asked for “privacy
and respect” with regards to her passing.

Here is an EXCLUSIVE statement given to me by the Letourneau and Fualaau
families about the passing of Mary Kay Letourneau.
pic.twitter.com/YFliUbejpv

— Danielle Bacher (@DBacherwrites) July 8, 2020
“We will have no further statements or comments as we celebrate and honor
the wishes of our wife, mother, daughter, grandmother, sister, beloved
family member and loyal friend and concentrate on caring for one another,”
they said.

Gregg Olsen detailed the case in bestselling book in 1999 called “If
Loving You is Wrong.”

“Mary Kay Letourneau was famous for a crime she never saw as a crime,”
Olsen told the Daily News. “I feel nothing but sadness for her children,
whom she loved more than anything.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-mary-kay-letourneau-teacher-
who-raped-student-dies-from-cancer-at-20200708-agtz5mnr2vgmzd3iod42tcvcpm-
story.html#rt=chartbeat-flt
a425couple
2020-07-09 16:08:58 UTC
----
Gregg Olsen detailed the case in bestselling book in 1999 called “If
Loving You is Wrong.”
“Mary Kay Letourneau was famous for a crime she never saw as a crime,”
Olsen told the Daily News. “I feel nothing but sadness for her children,
whom she loved more than anything.”
Yes. She saw it as 'love'.
But if it was not prosecuted, and punished, we
would be on a path towards anarchy.
NEMO
2020-07-09 19:20:51 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Reston
Mary Kay Letourneau, the Seattle-area teacher who gained national
notoriety when she pleaded guilty to raping her sixth-grade student Vili
Fualaau, died Tuesday of cancer at 58, her attorney confirmed.
----
Gregg Olsen detailed the case in bestselling book in 1999 called “If
Loving You is Wrong.”
“Mary Kay Letourneau was famous for a crime she never saw as a crime,”
Olsen told the Daily News. “I feel nothing but sadness for her children,
whom she loved more than anything.”
Yes. She saw it as 'love'.
But if it was not prosecuted, and punished, we
would be on a path towards anarchy.
The only thing she was interested in was big, black dick. It didn't
matter if he was 12 years old, what mattered to her was a 12" dick. He
must have had it because she stuck with him.
Al Czervik
2020-07-10 01:10:34 UTC
Post by Reston
Mary Kay Letourneau, the Seattle-area teacher who gained national
notoriety when she pleaded guilty to raping her sixth-grade student Vili
Fualaau, died Tuesday of cancer at 58, her attorney confirmed.
---- Gregg Olsen detailed the case in bestselling book in 1999 called “If
Loving You is Wrong.”
“Mary Kay Letourneau was famous for a crime she never saw as a crime,”
Olsen told the Daily News. “I feel nothing but sadness for her children,
whom she loved more than anything.”
Yes.  She saw it as 'love'.
But if it was not prosecuted, and punished, we
would be on a path towards anarchy.
Unlike now... Have you seen "The Squad's" "Breathe Act?
https://breatheact.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/The-BREATHE-Act-PDF_FINAL3-1.pdf