What Perspective On What Numbers Tells The Truth About Blacks Versus Whites As People Killed By Police?
Add Reply
Walt In Seattle
2020-07-15 06:38:11 UTC

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/14/trump-more-white-people-killed-police-confederate-flag-free-speech/5439043002/
a425couple
2020-07-17 20:44:29 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattle
http://youtu.be/u5sSj4ihXUw
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/14/trump-more-white-people-killed-police-confederate-flag-free-speech/5439043002/
Any perspective on reported figures veryify that
what POTUS Trump said is correct.
More 'whites' are killed by police than blacks.

Meanwhile, I never saw that you answered,
Was it always your intention and plan and wish,
to live out your 'mature' years in an apartment
in crowded Seattle??
So you could have plenty of rude obnoxious people
living right next to you??
Walt In Seattle
2020-07-19 00:31:39 UTC
Citing or implied citation of the number of caucasian versus African-American people killed by police in a vacuum of other factors, which exist but are not discussed, is far from correct in that it is not correect to ignore those other factors, circumstances or however you'd label them. The raw numbers alone provide little insight into present-day issues which evoke controversy.

Donald Trump is no one to speak with credibility on those numbers. His "history" telegraphs a perspective of which we all should take note, particularly on the death of John Lewis.

Those well-versed in sociology or even political science will tell you raw nubers are almost meaningless without context and establishing TRUE context is not always as easy as some may believe. Accordingly, to ignore that the number of whites in the U.S. is far and away greater than black; to ignore any run of the numbers to determine the PERCENTAGES or proportion of blacks who have an encounter with police then die from what police officers do to them measured against black people who survive an encounter with police while believing they were treated justly has meaning when compared to the PERCENTAGES or proportion for white people and to ignore that police, or at least SOME police, exhibit prejudice is to ignore reality. Some look at these percentages and imply or directly claim that it's evidence blacks are natural-born criminals. Others see them as evidence of a racial bias in perception or outright racism. Perhaps even this is an over-simplified analysis.

There's no denying that most African-Americans perceive there is a certain kind of "justice" they can expect which is disparate from the expectations of most whites. Although there is pushback for the concept, some believe that, when blacks -- particularly black youth -- understand a large portion of white culture, that does NOT exclude police, ASSUMES blacks are of some threat to whites or are naturally criminals by nature, this sets the predicate for or even convinces black youth their path to a meaningful or prosperous life shall be through crime. Racists then use such circumstances to persuade "their own kind" there is good reason for their embedded prejudice. And so it goes in America, the home of not JUST the brave and the free but also the prejudiced. Police are NOT immune from this problem. Thus, we have what we have.

Donald Trump is a racist and/or panders to racists. This has been clear since LONG before he became Presidnet but more so after election. He is the guy who, in 2001, CLAIMED, with absolutely no supporting evidence, to have seen Muslims in large numbers celebrating the attacks of 9-11-2001. During his campaign for the presidency, he CLAIMED, without evidence, they -- Muslims on the whole -- hate us, us being the U.S... He waged a BIRTHER hoax against President Obama. HE has referred to certain people of color as coming from "SHITHOLE countries" and has done all he could to block their immigration to the U.S. HIS travel ban(s) initiated after taking office further illustrated his irrational prejudice which ran in tandem with HIS continuing xenophobic campaign against asylum seekers coming over the U.S.-Mexico border. Then there was HIS response to what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia in August of 2017. Online, he has retweeted the words of avosed racists Pat Buchanan.

President Trump has as much as labeled Black Lives Matter as a hate group, despite BLM's stated purpose for existence, NONviolence being it's chosen approach, and the support of John Lewis who marched with Martin Luther King.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/01/trump-black-lives-matter-347051

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/10/john-lewis-black-lives-matter-protesters-give-until-you-cannot-give-any-more/

For all that President Trump has had to say or write about hate and haters, it seems President Trump is the hater in chief and that status goes WAY BACK to a time before he was President, back at least to 1989.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/nyregion/central-park-five-trump.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park_jogger_case

No one should be unaware of or ignore these words written by Donald Trump.

"Mayor Koch has stated that hate and rancor should be removed from our hearts. I do not think so. I want to hate these muggers and murderers. They should be forced to suffer. [...] Yes, Mayor Koch, I want to hate these murderers and I always will." See: "Bring Back The Death Penalty. Bring Back Our Police!". Open Letter from Donald J. Trump at Loading Image...

It should be noted as well that the Central Park Five -- those about whom Donald Trump was writing first and foremost -- were wrongly convicted, as proven by the "Innocence Project". Last year, President Trump REFUSED to apologize for what he wrote in 1989. Regarding prejudice, I recommend you read the quoted words of Reverend Calvin O. Butts in the New York Times story cited above.

Walt In Seattle
2020-07-19 00:59:26 UTC

If I knew you well and in-person, I might have answered this question in e-mail or in-person, given the answer would involve provision of personal information I'd rather keep private. But I don't know you or know you that well. Let's please avoid asking personal questions such as this on USENET.
a425couple
2020-07-20 17:31:04 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattle
I never saw that you answered, Was it always your intention and plan and wish, to live out your 'mature' years in an apartment in crowded Seattle?? So you could have plenty of rude obnoxious people living right next to you??
If I knew you well and in-person, I might have answered this question in e-mail or in-person, given the answer would involve provision of personal information I'd rather keep private. But I don't know you or know you that well. Let's please avoid asking personal questions such as this on USENET.
Walt, you are wacko, paranoid, and delusional.

I did not ask anything personal or specific.
I did not ask for your date of birth, your exact age,
or you address.
You have posted that you are of mature years, and
complained about the loud and obnoxious people
down the hall in your apartment.

I'm proud to be long retired, living in a very
diverse city near Seattle that avoids many of
the crazy ideas of Seattle. I have a nice house
on a huge lot, so can do plenty of wandering
without dealing with strangers.

You have complained about apartment living,
but seems like you have made your own stink plan
arrangements. Enjoy your self made bed!
Walt In Seattle
2020-07-20 19:01:26 UTC
Post by a425couple
Walt, you are wacko, paranoid, and
delusional. I did not ask anything
personal or specific.
Asking me to reveal my intentions, plans and wishes for how I choose to live is indeed asking a personal question and a question which has NO relationship to what I've written here, including in the "A Party Down The Hall" discussion.
Post by a425couple
You have complained about apartment
living,
This is incorrect. My isue was and still is PEOPLE who act or behave irresponsibly while exposing other people to potential harm. If you'll go back and CAREFULLY read what I've written in the "A Party Down The Hall" discussion, you'll find that I wrote of what I had noticed in the behavior of PEOPLE elsewhere -- not just at the apartment complex where I live -- in addition to those attending the party down the hall, some or most of them probably not being residents of the apartment complex where I live. Again, this is a PEOPLE problem, not an apartment life problem, as illustrated here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/seattle.politics/JfuPP728WTM/rawN52ooAgAJ and here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/seattle.politics/JfuPP728WTM/PKHMClVQBAAJ as well as and especially here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/seattle.politics/JfuPP728WTM/_XFeGcA-BAAJ Got it???