Where do roadside RVs dump their waste in Seattle?
Add Reply
a425couple
2017-08-09 15:58:59 UTC
Where do roadside RVs dump their waste in Seattle?
Share
BY MYNORTHWEST.COM
JANUARY 21, 2016 AT 5:46 AM

Megan Nystrom took this photo of a mess in a Greenwood grocery store's
parking lot, which appears to be waste dumped from a holding tank.
(Megan Nystrom)
When Megan Nystrom parked at a Greenwood grocery store, she noticed
something didn’t seem quite right. It didn’t take long to see, and
smell, why.

“When we got to the Greenwood Fred Meyer it smelled terrible outside,
but I wasn’t sure why,” Nystrom said. “Later, I was putting my groceries
away when I noticed the mess under the car next to mine.”

That mess covered an entire parking space and appeared to be recently
dumped waste from an RV holding tank &#8212 human waste.

“There were several RVs parked adjacent to the lot,” Nystrom noted.

It’s an angle of a Seattle discussion neighbors are having about the
many RVs lining neighborhood streets &#8212 waste produced by the
roadside campers. The issue has also been witnessed elsewhere in
Seattle, such as in Magnolia, where members of Safe Seattle observed an
RV dumping waste from the vehicle’s bathroom along 20th Street. The
waste created a puddle apparent to anyone walking by. Safe Seattle’s
Facebook post notes that the RV has moved up and down 20th Street,
leaving multiple puddles over about 10 days.

The reality of dumping in Seattle is of no surprise to KIRO Radio’s Dori
Monson, who has noted a new ambiance present throughout Seattle.

“What used to be the smell of Seattle? I used to go down to Shilshole
all the time as a kid. The creosote they used on all the logs in the
marina. The sea. The salt water smell. That’s what I used to associate
with my city,” Dori said. “Now it’s fecal matter and urine.”

“I rode my bike a couple months ago out to Shilshole on the Burke Gilman
(trail). There was trash everywhere. There’s an overwhelming stench of
urine,” he said. “I also rode my bike through Myrtle Edwards Park on the
downtown waterfront not too long ago. The stench of urine is was
absolutely overwhelming. That’s becoming the smell of Seattle.”

Dori notes that he witnessed the same problem in San Francisco, where he
used to associated the smell of sourdough bread or the wharf. Now the
California city smells like urine. Both cities have experienced a rise
in rents and real estate prices. In the same time, homeless populations
have also gone up.

But another city has approached its homeless problem in a similar manner
as Dori has promoted.

“San Francisco spends $165 million a year on homelessness. Their
homeless population has skyrocketed. Seattle spend $80 million a year on
homelessness. Our homeless population has skyrocketed,” Dori said. “Salt
Lake City, which a few years ago had a significant homeless problem,
spends a relative pittance &#8212 just $20 million a year. They have
virtually eliminated homelessness. It was with a plan.”

That plan, according to Dori, sold much of the land that homeless people
were camping on. The funds were then used toward homeless services such
as addiction and mental health counseling and job placement.

http://mynorthwest.com/156330/where-do-roadside-rvs-dump-their-waste-in-seattle/
Curt Portland
2017-08-09 16:08:44 UTC
Post by a425couple
“I rode my bike a couple months ago out to Shilshole on the Burke Gilman
(trail). There was trash everywhere. There’s an overwhelming stench of
urine,” he said. “I also rode my bike through Myrtle Edwards Park on the
downtown waterfront not too long ago. The stench of urine is was
absolutely overwhelming. That’s becoming the smell of Seattle.”
Dori notes that he witnessed the same problem in San Francisco, where he
used to associated the smell of sourdough bread or the wharf. Now the
California city smells like urine.
DISGUSTING piggery!

So congrats, you've now become like Sodom Frisco.

My God...
None of the Above
2017-08-10 09:22:45 UTC
“What used to be the smell of Seattle? I used to go down to Shilshole
all the time as a kid. The creosote they used on all the logs in the
marina. The sea. The salt water smell. That’s what I used to associate
with my city,” Dori said. “Now it’s fecal matter and urine.”
Don't forget regurgitated alcohol. And worse...

Sidewalks throughout the city are stained with all of the above, and
the smell is disgusting.
Curt Portland
Sounds like an alcoholic Stalingrad.
Al Czervik
2017-08-17 14:23:46 UTC
Post by None of the Above
Post by a425couple
“What used to be the smell of Seattle? I used to go down to Shilshole
all the time as a kid. The creosote they used on all the logs in the
marina. The sea. The salt water smell. That’s what I used to associate
with my city,” Dori said. “Now it’s fecal matter and urine.”
Don't forget regurgitated alcohol. And worse...
Sidewalks throughout the city are stained with all of the above, and
the smell is disgusting.
And one council member doesn't want the using pressure washers to clean
it because it reminds him of fire hoses turned on protesters in Selma.

---
http://www.avg.com
Curt Portland
Dies he refuse to shower too?
Al Czervik
2017-08-17 15:04:57 UTC
Post by Curt Portland
Post by Al Czervik
Post by None of the Above
Post by a425couple
“What used to be the smell of Seattle? I used to go down to Shilshole
all the time as a kid. The creosote they used on all the logs in the
marina. The sea. The salt water smell. That’s what I used to associate
with my city,” Dori said. “Now it’s fecal matter and urine.”
Don't forget regurgitated alcohol. And worse...
Sidewalks throughout the city are stained with all of the above, and
the smell is disgusting.
And one council member doesn't want the using pressure washers to
clean it because it reminds him of fire hoses turned on protesters in
Selma.
Dies he refuse to shower too?
Did you hear about the strong urine smell in Seattle?

---
http://www.avg.com
Curt Portland
Among other foul odors, yes.
None of the Above
2017-08-18 06:12:04 UTC
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 07:23:46 -0700, Al Czervik
Post by Al Czervik
Post by None of the Above
“What used to be the smell of Seattle? I used to go down to Shilshole
all the time as a kid. The creosote they used on all the logs in the
marina. The sea. The salt water smell. That’s what I used to associate
with my city,” Dori said. “Now it’s fecal matter and urine.”
Don't forget regurgitated alcohol. And worse...
Sidewalks throughout the city are stained with all of the above, and
the smell is disgusting.
And one council member doesn't want the using pressure washers to clean
it because it reminds him of fire hoses turned on protesters in Selma.
This is what the libs wanted. Downtoilet Seattle is their monument to
glory.
Walt In Seattlle
2017-08-18 19:52:33 UTC
What makes you so sure this is what "libs" wanted? Is this a liberal versus conservative issue -- people improperly dumping waste? Seattle has a homelessness problem and growing disparity between the rich or fantastically rich and those who barely get by or really aren't getting by at all. Some folks might like to argue all those homeless people are lazy leaches on society expecting to do nothing but wander streets, guzzle booze and take drugs or do something even worse. While there may be some homeless people of this sort, they are not necessarily the essence or epitome of those who are homeless in Seattle.

So, if they aren't and if many are struggling to get back on their feet or just survive while intending to participate in society -- the American dream in tow -- it wouldn't be fair, if anyone would do so, to lump then all in as though they are only those who don't care to the point of "dumping" on their community without a thought. By the same token, it wold not be fair to argue "libs" in total "want" people dumping their poop in Seattle parking lots or anywhere they shouldn't.

I expect most people -- liberals, conservatives, moderates and etc... -- would frown on improper poop-dumping. But the big as well as perplexing question, which encompasses the poop-dumping issue, is how do we deal with the growing homelessness problem in Seattle?
Post by None of the Above
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 07:23:46 -0700, Al Czervik
glory.
Curt Portland
2017-08-19 15:28:53 UTC
Post by Walt In Seattlle
[...]
How has your LIBITARD leadership dealt with it?

The shit and piss are the results.

Period.

Your enabling mentality and slackadaisacal law enforcment DEFINE libitardia.

You get what you deserve, shit city.