Sen. Al Franken (Democrat) Accused Of Sexual Assault By LA Model And Radio Host
a425couple
2017-11-16 19:21:01 UTC
Sen. Al Franken Accused Of Sexual Assault By LA Model And Radio Host
November 16, 201711:44 AM ET
Brian Naylor 2010
Jessica Taylor - Square 2015

Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., apologized for an alleged sexual assault
incident on a 2006 USO tour.
Jose Luis Magana/AP
Updated at 1:40 p.m. ET

Another prominent public figure has been accused of making unwanted
sexual advances. LA radio host Leeann Tweeden said now-Sen. Al Franken,
D-Minn., forced himself on her and groped her while the two were on a
USO tour in 2006.

Franken has apologized for his actions, calling them "inappropriate."
Democratic and GOP leaders are now calling for a Senate ethics
investigation, which Franken says he will cooperate with.

In a statement posted on KABC's website, Tweeden wrote that the incident
occurred in December of that year, during a rehearsal for a USO holiday
show in the Middle East. Franken, she said, wrote a skit in which he was
to kiss Tweeden. She says Franken told her that "we need to rehearse the
kiss."

'Me Too' Legislation Aims To Combat Sexual Harassment In Congress
POLITICS
'Me Too' Legislation Aims To Combat Sexual Harassment In Congress
Tweeden said she told the former Saturday Night Live star "something
like 'Relax Al, this isnt SNL...we dont need to rehearse the kiss.' "
But she said he insisted and she relented. "We did the line leading up
to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head,
mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth."

She said she felt "disgusted and violated" but didn't report it because
"we were in the middle of a war zone" and "I didn't want to cause trouble."

She said that on the way back from the tour, onboard an Army transport
plane, while she was asleep, Franken groped her. Her post includes a
photo of Franken with his hands on her chest, looking back at the camera
and smiling. She is asleep, wearing a helmet and flak jacket.

At the time, Franken was performing as a professional comedian before
running for the Senate. Tweeden was on her ninth USO tour and was known
at the time for her work as a TV host, sportscaster and model.

Franken described their performances on USO tours during a 2010 Senate
floor speech in opposition to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. "I was
a kind of co-host with a beautiful woman named Leeann Tweeden, and we'd
do comedy routines and we'd introduce music and introduce the
cheerleaders," Franken said.

Franken issued an initial statement: "I certainly don't remember the
rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest
apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be
funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it."

Later Thursday afternoon he put out an extended statement, apologizing
further and asking for an ethics investigation with which he would
"gladly cooperate."

Tweeden's accusation against Franken came two days after a House hearing
on what was described as a pervasive problem of sexual misconduct in
Congress and also as Republicans urged Alabama Senate candidate Roy
Moore to drop out of the race after numerous allegations of sexual
misconduct, including assault, when his accusers were mostly teenagers.

Victims Of Sexual Harassment Speak Up, But Legal Fears Can Inhibit Them
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., called for the Senate
Ethics Committee to investigate the Franken incident:

"As with all credible allegations of sexual harassment or assault, I
believe the Ethics Committee should review the matter. I hope the
Democratic Leader will join me on this. Regardless of party, harassment
and assault are completely unacceptable—in the workplace or anywhere else."
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., later echoed McConnell's
call for an ethics investigation, as have other Democratic lawmakers,
including Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.; Patty Murray, D-Wash.; and
Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.

Chuck Schumer ✔@SenSchumer
Sexual harassment is never acceptable and must not be tolerated.

I hope and expect that the Ethics Committee will fully investigate this
troubling incident, as they should with any credible allegation of
sexual harassment.
9:51 AM - Nov 16, 2017
833 833 Replies 1,513 1,513 Retweets 5,538 5,538 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Claire McCaskill ✔@clairecmc
Re Al Franken: I’m shocked and concerned. The behavior described is
completely unacceptable. Comedy is no excuse for inappropriate conduct,
and I believe there should be an ethics investigation.
9:38 AM - Nov 16, 2017
729 729 Replies 1,418 1,418 Retweets 5,044 5,044 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Senator Patty Murray ✔@PattyMurray
I support an ethics committee investigation into these accusations and I
hope this latest example of the deep problems on this front spurs
continued action to address it.
https://twitter.com/PattyMurray/status/931216485992796160 …

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/16/564593737/sen-al-franken-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-la-model-and-radio-host
Bart Simpson

GEO
2017-11-17 06:25:05 UTC
Post by a425couple
Sen. Al Franken Accused Of Sexual Assault By LA Model And Radio Host
November 16, 201711:44 AM ET
Brian Naylor 2010
Jessica Taylor - Square 2015
Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., apologized for an alleged sexual assault
incident on a 2006 USO tour.
Jose Luis Magana/AP
Updated at 1:40 p.m. ET
Another prominent public figure has been accused of making unwanted
sexual advances. LA radio host Leeann Tweeden said now-Sen. Al Franken,
D-Minn., forced himself on her and groped her while the two were on a
USO tour in 2006.
Oh brother! I'm getting sick of these women whinning about getting
a kiss or asked to check a man's penis size. Sheesh!
poor dumb curt
2017-11-17 14:56:44 UTC
Post by GEO
Post by a425couple
Sen. Al Franken Accused Of Sexual Assault By LA Model And Radio Host
November 16, 201711:44 AM ET
Brian Naylor 2010
Jessica Taylor - Square 2015
Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., apologized for an alleged sexual assault
incident on a 2006 USO tour.
Jose Luis Magana/AP
Updated at 1:40 p.m. ET
Another prominent public figure has been accused of making unwanted
sexual advances. LA radio host Leeann Tweeden said now-Sen. Al Franken,
D-Minn., forced himself on her and groped her while the two were on a
USO tour in 2006.
Oh brother! I'm getting sick of these women whinning about getting
a kiss or asked to check a man's penis size. Sheesh!
Maybe you'd enjoy having that pig Franken stick his tongue down yer
gullet, eh scumbag?

FUCK YOU TO HELL!