Steve Ballmer warns voters of Seattle income tax fallout
Add Reply
a425couple
2017-05-24 16:38:08 UTC
Steve Ballmer warns voters of Seattle income tax fallout
By MyNorthwest.com, Staff report | May 24, 2017 @ 8:29 am

Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer spent decades of his career helping
Microsoft rise to dominance. He knows a thing or two about the
conditions that are favorable for business.
“Dumb luck is a big part of it,” Ballmer told KIRO Radio’s Dave Ross.
“I’m a big believer that dumb luck is part of a lot of things. I got a
lot of dumb luck in addition to a lot of hard work. Microsoft requires
some intelligence, some hard work and some dumb luck.”

RELATED: Seattle’s income tax proposal explained

Ballmer notes that excellent education and weather are also
considerations. But there are also unfavorable conditions that can
hamper success in Seattle.
“In Seattle’s case, it is a beautiful place to live,” he said. “It is a
place, now, that is a center of talent in the tech industry, and success
and talent will breed startups and more of that sort of thing. What are
the things that can undo it? Unfavorable business climate.”
An income tax would be included in that “unfavorable business climate.”
There is a movement in Seattle to challenge state law and implement a
new income tax on the city’s top earners. Some call it “Trump Proof
Seattle,” others simply say “Tax the Rich.” A potential effect is that
talented employees who are drawn to Seattle — and earn higher incomes —
could reconsider living in the Emerald City if their wages are threatened.
“All of a sudden somebody who thinks they are getting paid more than
somebody who makes the equivalent dollars in California – because
California has a 14-percent income tax – sure, it would drive up wages
here and cause people to think about moving jobs elsewhere,” Ballmer
said. “That will certainly happen.”
“I’m not saying it’s a mistake, it’s something that voters need to think
about in aggregate, not just one man’s opinion,” he said. “But the
analysis is right. There will be fewer jobs here with an income tax than
there would without an income tax.”

http://mynorthwest.com/640496/ballmer-on-seattle-tech-income-tax/
a425couple
2017-05-24 16:51:01 UTC
Post by a425couple
Steve Ballmer warns voters of Seattle income tax fallout
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer spent decades of his career helping
Microsoft rise to dominance. He knows a thing or two about the
conditions that are favorable for business.
“In Seattle’s case, it is a beautiful place to live,” he said. “It is a
place, now, that is a center of talent in the tech industry, and success
and talent will breed startups and more of that sort of thing. What are
the things that can undo it? Unfavorable business climate.”
An income tax would be included in that “unfavorable business climate.”
A couple of interesting comments:

Tom Vu • 3 hours ago
I don't think Steve understands we HAVE to vote in this income tax to
support, protect and inable all our bums and junkies, safe injection
sites, open flow of hard drugs, sanctuary City status, bike share
programs, rainbow side walks, the war on our police and to fight that
evil trump. Last but not least, a defence fund for our child molester of
a mayor aginst current and up and coming lawsuits. These issues are the
tax payers responsibility

John Richards Tom Vu • an hour ago
We need to tax sugar which is bad for us to fund the heroin addicts
because herion is...oh wait

WilmaRubble John Richards • an hour ago
That is just so spot-on.