Seattle's LGBTQ commission demands gay mayor resign after abuse claims
Add Reply
Amused
2017-08-01 14:42:20 UTC
Seattle’s LGBTQ Commission is demanding the city’s openly gay
mayor resign immediately following allegations that he sexually
abused his teenage foster son and three others in the 1980s.

In a scathing letter sent to Mayor Ed Murray on Monday, the
commission referenced a child welfare report filed with the
state and published by The Seattle Times that seemed to indicate
that Murray sexually abused his foster son Jeff Simpson when he
was a teenager.

Murray has strongly pushed back on the claims and labeled them
homophobic – something the city’s LGBTQ commission took issue
with.

“We perceive your attempt to dismiss these claims as a
‘politically motivated’ monolithic issue of homophobia to be a
maneuver that is divisive and damaging to our community,” the
letter said. “Claiming homophobic intent to shield yourself from
accountability and erase the experiences of survivors of sexual
abuse is silencing, manipulative, and morally repugnant.”

The commission said the mayor’s response to the allegations have
been “harmful and inappropriate.”

No criminal charges were ever filed in connection with the May
20, 1984 Oregon Child Protective Services report, though the
report recommended that “under no circumstances should Mr.
Murray be certified” as a foster parent in the future.

The three other boys who claimed they were sexually abused
ranged in age from 13 to about 15 years old.

CALLS GROW FOR SEATTLE MAYOR TO RESIGN AFTER SEXUAL ABUSE REPORT

The disturbing details of the report have several city leaders
calling for Murray to resign ahead of the November election.

“Noting both that you are the first openly gay Mayor of Seattle,
and that many individuals on the Seattle LGBTQ Commission were
appointed by you, we do not take our decision to call for your
resignation lightly,” the letter said. “While some may say that
you should be given the opportunity to serve out the remainder
of your term, we feel that would be inadequate. With both moral
and pragmatic motivations, we feel we must call for your
resignation."

Last week, current mayoral candidate Jessyn Ferrell and former
Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn called for Murray to step down.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/25/seattles-lgbtq-
commission-demands-gay-mayor-resign-after-abuse-claims.html
#BeamMeUpScotty
2017-08-01 18:25:02 UTC
Seattle’s LGBTQ Commission is demanding the city’s openly gay
mayor resign immediately following allegations that he sexually
abused his teenage foster son and three others
I'm surprised that they didn't suggest he run for U.S. President.

This is who they are.
That's Karma
Governor Swill
2017-08-02 02:58:10 UTC
On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 14:25:02 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Amused
Seattle’s LGBTQ Commission is demanding the city’s openly gay
mayor resign immediately following allegations that he sexually
abused his teenage foster son and three others
I'm surprised that they didn't suggest he run for U.S. President.
This is who they are.
"Sexual abuse lawsuit against Seattle Mayor Murray dropped"
<http://www.king5.com/news/local/sexual-abuse-lawsuit-against-seattle-mayor-murray-dropped/448974308>

Translation: The story was bullshit.

Swill
"Bungled collusion is still collusion." -- Charles Krauthammer.
Al Czervik
2017-08-02 04:31:42 UTC
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
Seattle’s LGBTQ Commission is demanding the city’s openly gay
mayor resign immediately following allegations that he sexually
abused his teenage foster son and three others
I'm surprised that they didn't suggest he run for U.S. President.
This is who they are.
"Sexual abuse lawsuit against Seattle Mayor Murray dropped"
<http://www.king5.com/news/local/sexual-abuse-lawsuit-against-seattle-mayor-murray-dropped/448974308>
Translation: The story was bullshit.
Read this carefully you fucked up pedophile apologist. People were
giving Murray the benefit of the doubt and suit was dropped and then
this came out:

"An Oregon child-welfare investigator concluded that Ed Murray sexually
abused his foster son in the early 1980s, leading state officials to
assert that “under no circumstances should Mr. Murray be certified” as a
foster parent in the future, according to public records obtained by The
Seattle Times."
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/mayor-ed-murray-sexually-abused-foster-son-child-welfare-investigator-found-in-1984/

---
http://www.avg.com
Buzzsaw Checkerling
2017-08-02 10:33:43 UTC
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Amused
Seattle’s LGBTQ Commission is demanding the city’s openly gay
mayor resign immediately following allegations that he sexually
abused his teenage foster son and three others
I'm surprised that they didn't suggest he run for U.S. President.
This is who they are.
"Sexual abuse lawsuit against Seattle Mayor Murray dropped"
<http://www.king5.com/news/local/sexual-abuse-lawsuit-against-seattle-
mayor-murray-dropped/448974308>
Translation: The story was bullshit.
Liberals are liars (PROVEN). This piece-of-shit (Swill) is a liberal
who's a gay-rape-loving fucking liar - the worst kind (if that's
possible).

"Seattle Mayor Ed Murray will not run for re-election this
year"

The mayor's announcement comes after four men came
forward saying Murray abused them sexually in the 1980s.
Below are reactions to the mayor's announcement from two
men accusing him of assault...
<http://www.king5.com/news/local/seattle/sourcesmayor-murray-considering
-dropping-out-of-reelectionrace/437640278>

Abused Victim Jeff Simpson says:
"I’m mixed. There are mixed emotions. I forgave Ed a while ago. It
was the only way I could make it. It makes me very upset the names
he’s been calling me. It takes me back to those times he was
abusing
me."

Another Abused Victim Lloyd Anderson says:
"Ed Murray, you know who I am and what you did. At least admit it to
yourself. Resign. Tell the truth. It’s the right thing to do. I
forgive you.”

______________
"Pay no attention to what that liberal liar behind the curtain says as
long as that piece of shit's lips are moving."
Seaview
2017-08-02 15:07:22 UTC
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
Seattle’s LGBTQ Commission is demanding the city’s openly gay
mayor resign immediately following allegations that he sexually
abused his teenage foster son and three others
I'm surprised that they didn't suggest he run for U.S. President.
This is who they are.
"Sexual abuse lawsuit against Seattle Mayor Murray dropped"
<http://www.king5.com/news/local/sexual-abuse-lawsuit-against-seattle-mayor-murray-dropped/448974308>
Translation: The story was bullshit.
Swill
Shaddup you rotten-hipped Hotlanta faggot, your queer days are soon to end.