Trump must be stopped!
Bill Shatzer
2017-05-15 23:36:42 UTC
President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian
foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week,
according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s
disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic
State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S.
partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so
sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly
restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the
material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so
endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings
of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House
officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and
the National Security Agency.

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the
matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest
classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed
more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our
own allies.”

The revelation comes as the president faces rising legal and political
pressure on multiple Russia-related fronts. Last week, he fired FBI
Director James B. Comey in the midst of a bureau investigation into
possible links between the Trump campaign and Moscow. Trump’s subsequent
admission that his decision was driven by “this Russia thing” was seen
by critics as attempted obstruction of justice.

One day after dismissing Comey, Trump welcomed Russian Foreign Minister
Sergei Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak — a key figure in earlier
Russia controversies — into the Oval Office. It was during that meeting,
officials said, that Trump went off script and began describing details
of an Islamic State terrorist threat related to the use of laptop
computers on aircraft.For almost anyone in government, discussing such
matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Trump has
broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely
that his disclosures broke the law.

“The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from
terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R.
McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the
meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed,
and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known
publicly.”

The CIA declined to comment, and the NSA did not respond to requests for
comment.

But officials expressed concern about Trump’s handling of sensitive
information as well as his grasp of the potential consequences. Exposure
of an intelligence stream that has provided critical insight into the
Islamic State, they said, could hinder the United States’ and its
allies’ ability to detect future threats.

“It is all kind of shocking,” said a former senior U.S. official who is
close to current administration officials. “Trump seems to be very
reckless and doesn’t grasp the gravity of the things he’s dealing with,
especially when it comes to intelligence and national security. And it’s
all clouded because of this problem he has with Russia.”

In his meeting with Lavrov, Trump seemed to be boasting about his inside
knowledge of the looming threat. “I get great intel. I have people brief
me on great intel every day,” the president said, according to an
official with knowledge of the exchange.

Trump went on to discuss aspects of the threat that the United States
learned only through the espionage capabilities of a key partner. He did
not reveal the specific intelligence-gathering method, but he described
how the Islamic State was pursuing elements of a specific plot and how
much harm such an attack could cause under varying circumstances. Most
alarmingly, officials said, Trump revealed the city in the Islamic
State’s territory where the U.S. intelligence partner detected the threat.

The Washington Post is withholding most plot details, including the name
of the city, at the urging of officials who warned that revealing them
would jeopardize important intelligence capabilities.

“Everyone knows this stream is very sensitive, and the idea of sharing
it at this level of granularity with the Russians is troubling,” said a
former senior U.S. counterterrorism official who also worked closely
with members of the Trump national security team. He and others spoke on
the condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the subject.

The identification of the location was seen as particularly problematic,
officials said, because Russia could use that detail to help identify
the U.S. ally or intelligence capability involved. Officials said the
capability could be useful for other purposes, possibly providing
intelligence on Russia’s presence in Syria. Moscow would be keenly
interested in identifying that source and perhaps disrupting it.

Russia and the United States both regard the Islamic State as an enemy
and share limited information about terrorist threats. But the two
nations have competing agendas in Syria, where Moscow has deployed
military assets and personnel to support President Bashar al-Assad.

“Russia could identify our sources or techniques,” the senior U.S.
official said.

A former intelligence official who handled high-level intelligence on
Russia said that given the clues Trump provided, “I don’t think that it
would be that hard [for Russian spy services] to figure this out.”

At a more fundamental level, the information wasn’t the United States’
to provide to others. Under the rules of espionage, governments — and
even individual agencies — are given significant control over whether
and how the information they gather is disseminated, even after it has
been shared. Violating that practice undercuts trust considered
essential to sharing secrets.

http://tinyurl.com/ls7trmp

This idiot is going to get people KILLED. All because of hit fucking ego!

peace and justice
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-15 23:46:21 UTC
Post by Bill Shatzer
President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian
foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week
Of course he didn't.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/trump-classified-information/526797/

Post by Bill Shatzer
This idiot is going to get people KILLED. All because of hit fucking ego!
Like Obozo did with his fictional "red line in the sand"?

Like he did with Ambassador Stephens and company?

'Hit' that, you scumsucking old commie traitor.
None of the Above
2017-05-16 10:08:13 UTC
You'll get right on that, will you Shitzy? There's a good boy...
Bill Shatzer
2017-05-16 21:54:17 UTC
Post by Bill Shatzer
President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian
foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week,
according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s
disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic
State.
If he in fact jeopardized our intelligence sources, it might well be an impeachable
offense. However, the Washington Post is not known for unbiased reporting about
Trump so let's wait and see how this plays out.
And today it seems as though Trump brazenly sought to interfere with and
scuttle the FBI inquiry into Mike Flynn's actions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

Treason! High treason!
How about *two* special prosecutors, one for Trump, one for Hillary?
How Trumpian of you. The same old tactic - when things get warm, attempt
to deflect attention elsewhere.

Clinton has been investigated ad nuseum, the Trump investigation has
barely begun.

In any event there is no need to "stop" HIllary - she has been "stopped"
and is out of government and no longer has any access to classified
information that she can intentionally or inadvertently disclose.

Trump, OTOH, continues with unfettered access.

And continues to badly abuse that access.

peace and justice
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-16 22:58:29 UTC
Post by Bill Shatzer
And today it seems as though Trump brazenly sought to interfere
It only "seems" that way to committed leftarded haters and commies like
YOU Shitzer!

I'm always reminded of YOUR very *special personal sentiments* regarding
the attacks of 911, Bill:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bill Shatzer wrote:

And over 4,000 Americans have paid with their lives for that little
adventure. Plus a half a trillion dollars in national treasure
You might compare that with the number of lives lost on 9-11. Or the
economic injury incurred from that event.

It would have been cheaper in both lives and money to just suffer
another 9-11 every six or seven years.

Peace and justice,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think we can ALL do well to reflect on what kind of sick sociopath
would come up with those words in honor of 911...
None of the Above
2017-05-17 08:41:09 UTC
Clinton ad nuseum
Redundant. And misspelled.
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-17 15:53:32 UTC
Post by None of the Above
Clinton ad nuseum
Redundant. And misspelled.
Pees and just ice.
Schuman
2017-05-17 15:59:23 UTC
Post by Bill Shatzer
If he in fact jeopardized our intelligence sources, it might well be an impeachable
offense. However, the Washington Post is not known for unbiased reporting about
Trump so let's wait and see how this plays out.
And today it seems as though Trump brazenly sought to interfere with and
scuttle the FBI inquiry into Mike Flynn's actions.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html
As you yourself said, let's wait for the completion of the investigation.
Post by Bill Shatzer
Treason! High treason!
How about *two* special prosecutors, one for Trump, one for Hillary?
How Trumpian of you. The same old tactic - when things get warm, attempt
to deflect attention elsewhere.
How is it deflecting if we investigate both of them?
There is no valid reason to "investigate" Hillary Clinton.
We know what you're up to here. Forget it.
11 years ago, while posting under this current nym, Rudy Canoza, we had a
discussion about a revised marketing claim concerning grass-fed beef from
USDA. You claimed that you had written to and received a reply from
William T.
Sessions, Associate Deputy Administrator, Livestock and Seed Program. Here
below is the post you wrote using the nym Rudy Canoza containing your
correspondence with William Sessions.

[start- Jon to me]
Eat shit and bark at the moon, Dreck - the proposed
standard has NOT been adopted. I wrote to William
Sessions, the associate deputy administrator (how's
that for a title) at the Livestock and Seed Program at
USDA that is in charge of writing the standard for the
"meat marketing claims"; his name, title and e-mail
address are at a web page whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_item.asp?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

From: "Sessions, William" <***@usda.gov>
To: <jonball@[...]>
Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing claim
standards are still under review by USDA. Accordingly, the
standards have not been published in a final form for use. I
hope this information is helpful.
Please let me know if further information is needed.
Thanks,

2017-05-17 21:02:58 UTC
Post by Bill Shatzer
If he in fact jeopardized our intelligence sources, it might well be an impeachable
offense. However, the Washington Post is not known for unbiased reporting about
Trump so let's wait and see how this plays out.
And today it seems as though Trump brazenly sought to interfere with and
scuttle the FBI inquiry into Mike Flynn's actions.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html
As you yourself said, let's wait for the completion of the investigation.
Ordinarily I'd agree with that.
Bullshit lie Shitzie!

You _ always_ rush to pre-judge any and all conservatives, always!
But Trump has proven himself too much of
a loose cannon.
Boo fucking hoo - he's not your typical lawyer weasel, what a crying
shame...
How many dedicated public servants will be fired or
destroyed, how many state secrets will be blurted out,
Like Obama did with Syria?

Benghazi?

Seal Team 6 (now deceased)?

You fucking gutless hypocrite.
how many allies
will decide that intelligence sharing with the US is not a good idea
while we are waiting for the completion of any investigations?
Apparently none so far, deal.
We really need something equivalent to "paid administrative leave" like
they give to cops pending investigation of shootings and other possible
incidents of misconduct.
Knock yourself out you glorified code monkey, go try and re-wrtite our
Constitution!
But we don't have that and the risks of leaving
Trump at the controls pending what is almost certain to be a lengthy
process are simply too great.
Wah!
I wouldn't put it past Trump to engineer
some sort of foreign crisis, even a war, to divert public attention from
any investigations of his malfeasance and misfeasance.
Oh her already has, didn't you know he met secretly with Lil Kim and
arranged for him to lob a missile on Portlandia?
The man has committed treason or at the least abetted treason. He has to
go.
peace and justice,
Treason you say, TREASON????

Try THIS on for size, you exterminable asshole:

Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-17 21:03:57 UTC
There is no valid reason to "investigate" Hillary Clinton.
That after Comey came right out and said that she violated national
security law!
Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes
regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that
Fuck YOU and fuck YOUR judgment, you damnable traitor to America!

Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-24 14:28:00 UTC
Fuck off
Grow some balls, you deep state shill.
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-24 14:29:49 UTC
-snip-
Certainly there were vast quantities of materials. The rest is at best a
judgment call.
And his statement was before they found classified stuff on Weiner's
machine.
The "stuff" on Weiner's computer were merely duplicates of the "stuff"
already located on Clinton's.
peace and justice,
Like all the "classified stuff" that was FWD'd to Huma on her fucking
laptop, Shitzie?

You worthless TRAITOR to our nation - DIE SOON!

Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-24 14:31:58 UTC
-snip-
Certainly there were vast quantities of materials. The rest is at best a
judgment call.
And his statement was before they found classified stuff on Weiner's machine.
The "stuff" on Weiner's computer were merely duplicates of the "stuff"
already located on Clinton's.
And his machine was probably even more accessible to our enemies than was Hillary's.
And your statement implies admission that she did have classified material on that
private server, a server not given the protection we normally provide for servers
where we store classified material. Two locations means two places that can be
compromised.
Shitzer is all good with exposing America's secrets to our enemies.

He's in payback mode for his time in Nam.

The worthless traitor.

Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-24 18:45:40 UTC
-snip-
Certainly there were vast quantities of materials. The rest is at
best a
judgment call.
And his statement was before they found classified stuff on Weiner's
machine.
The "stuff" on Weiner's computer were merely duplicates of the "stuff"
already located on Clinton's.
And his machine was probably even more accessible to our enemies than
was Hillary's.
The e-mails on Weiner's computer were forwarded to him by Abedin.
Yes...
Clinton had no direct role in it.
She personally FWD'd them to Abedin, you deep state shill.