Biden disses Clinton: ‘I never thought she was a great candidate. I thought I was a great candidate.’
a425couple
2017-05-19 14:19:17 UTC
Biden disses Clinton: ‘I never thought she was a great candidate. I
thought I was a great candidate.’
By Aaron Blake May 19 at 8:20 AM

Former vice president Joe Biden stirred the Democratic pot a little bit
on Thursday night.
Appearing at the SALT hedge fund conference in Las Vegas, the possible
2020 presidential candidate weighed in on Hillary Clinton's 2016
candidacy in a way that Clinton supporters sure won't like.
“I never thought she was a great candidate,” Biden said, according to
reports. “I thought I was a great candidate.”

Biden clarified, according to CNN, that “Hillary would have been a
really good president.” But that isn't likely to make Clinton supporters
feel much better.
Biden isn't the first leading Democratic figure with possible designs on
2020 to apparently slight Clinton. Clinton's 2016 primary foe, Sen.
Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), has repeatedly offered some version of this
quote: “It wasn't that Donald Trump won the election; it was that the
Democratic Party that lost the election.”
Those comments have definitely rubbed some Clinton supporters the wrong
way, and Biden's are likely to even more so, given how direct they were.
Of course, Biden isn't saying anything that most every election analyst
already hasn't. You can make a pretty objective case that Clinton wasn't
a great candidate, given she lost an election she was expected to win to
an opponent who became the most unpopular president-elect in modern
history. And even Clinton herself has acknowledged her shortcomings in
appealing to voters.
“I am not a natural politician, in case you haven’t noticed, like my
husband or President Obama,” she said at a Democratic debate in March 2016.

That's not a far cry from what Biden said on Thursday night. And in most
situations, a party that lost a presidential campaign wouldn't so
fiercely guard the good name of the candidate who lost — much less one
who had just lost a second presidential campaign in eight years.
Republicans, for instance, were only so happy to place the blame for
their 2012 loss squarely on the shoulders of Mitt Romney and his failure
to connect with real people. The same goes for Democrats and John Kerry
in 2004.
So why not Democrats in 2017? Part of the reason is that they simply
don't feel Clinton really lost. Russia's hacking, FBI Director James
Comey's late announcement about her emails (and the media's coverage of
that issue) and her popular vote win have combined to create a genuine
sense that she was robbed — almost literally so. And Clinton has only
fed that beast with her repeated comments dissecting the unfair reasons
why she lost.
It's a delicate dance for the likes of Biden and Sanders right now. They
want to emphasize that the party can do better, but in doing so, they
risk alienating some very passionate and outspoken Clinton supporters
with an almost religious sense of righteousness about 2016.
Perhaps it could be done more delicately, but to pretend Biden is wrong
about Clinton not being a great candidate is to bury your head in the
sand. And that's a pretty dangerous thing for Democrats to do right now.
Play Video 0:32

Biden won’t rule out 2020 presidential run

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/19/biden-disses-clinton-i-never-thought-she-was-a-great-candidate-i-thought-i-was-a-great-candidate/?utm_term=.f106ceead0df
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-19 15:23:10 UTC
Post by a425couple
Biden won’t rule out 2020 presidential run
He'll be how much more senile by then?

Joseph Robinette Biden Jr; (born November 20, 1942) is an American
carpetbagger and brain damaged phony.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/memorable-bidenisms-joe-biden-political-career-article-1.2405733

*Again in his 2008 presidential campaign, before dropping out and being
selected as Obama’s vice presidential nominee, Biden spoke of Obama’s
success on the stump: "I mean, you got the first mainstream
African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a
nice-looking guy, I mean, that's a storybook, man."

*During a March 2010 event, Biden mistakenly claimed the mother of Irish
Prime Minister Brian Cowen had died: “His mom lived in Long Island for
10 years or so God rest her soul. And, although, she's, wait, your mom's
still, your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul.”

*At a September 2008 campaign rally, Biden mistakenly asked paraplegic
Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, to stand:
“Chuck, stand up, let the people see you … Oh, God love ya … What am I
talking about?"

*During a 2012 campaign event, Biden suggested he’s been intimate with
several commanders-in-chief: "Folks, I can tell you I've known eight
presidents, three of them intimately.”
Al Czervik
Does this mean no one really cares about his plagiarism?
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-19 22:29:29 UTC
Post by Al Czervik
Post by Poor dumb Curt
*During a March 2010 event, Biden mistakenly claimed the mother of Irish
Prime Minister Brian Cowen had died: “His mom lived in Long Island for
10 years or so God rest her soul. And, although, she's, wait, your mom's
still, your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul.”
*At a September 2008 campaign rally, Biden mistakenly asked paraplegic
“Chuck, stand up, let the people see you … Oh, God love ya … What am I
talking about?"
*During a 2012 campaign event, Biden suggested he’s been intimate with
several commanders-in-chief: "Folks, I can tell you I've known eight
presidents, three of them intimately.”
Does this mean no one really cares about his plagiarism?
He's such a "great guy" that he gets a total hall pass even after
crapping his panties.