Special counsel appointed to investigate Trump's Russia chicanery
Schuman
2017-05-18 14:35:18 UTC
Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Named Special Counsel for
Russia Investigation
By REBECCA R. RUIZ | MAY 17, 2017
WASHINGTON — The Justice Department has appointed Robert S. Mueller
III, the former F.B.I. director, to serve as a special counsel to
oversee its investigation into Russian meddling in the election,
Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein announced on Wednesday.
The appointment of Mr. Mueller dramatically raises the stakes for
President Trump in the multiple investigations into his campaign’s
ties to the Russians. It follows a swiftly moving series of
developments that have roiled Washington, including Mr. Trump’s abrupt
dismissal of the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, and the disclosure
that the president urged Mr. Comey to drop the bureau’s investigation
into his former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/politics/robert-mueller-special-counsel-russia->investigation.html?_r=0
Here's hoping that after a couple of months, Trump orders Sessions to
fire Mueller. Sessions, a toady, will do it, and then the impeachment
proceedings will take off like the SR-71 Blackbird.
I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the President has plenary
authority to fire anyone in the Executive branch for any reason
whatsoever.
Not the issue. When he fires him and *admits* that it was because of
the investigation into the "Russia thing", in which "thing" Trump is
stewing up to his eyebrows, that's obstruction.
11 years ago, while posting under this current nym, Rudy Canoza, we had a
discussion about a revised marketing claim concerning grass-fed beef from
USDA. You claimed that you had written to and received a reply from
William T.
Sessions, Associate Deputy Administrator, Livestock and Seed Program. Here
below is the post you wrote using the nym Rudy Canoza containing your
correspondence with William Sessions.

[start- Jon to me]
Eat shit and bark at the moon, Dreck - the proposed
standard has NOT been adopted. I wrote to William
Sessions, the associate deputy administrator (how's
that for a title) at the Livestock and Seed Program at
USDA that is in charge of writing the standard for the
"meat marketing claims"; his name, title and e-mail
address are at a web page whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_item.asp?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

From: "Sessions, William" <***@usda.gov>
To: <jonball@[...]>
Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing claim
standards are still under review by USDA. Accordingly, the
standards have not been published in a final form for use. I
hope this information is helpful.
Please let me know if further information is needed.
Thanks,

2017-05-18 14:37:10 UTC
[...]
Then you really need to read this.
https://ethicsalarms.com/2017/05/17/ethical-quote-of-the-month-former-harvard-law-professor-alan-dershowitz/
I don't. What constitutes obstruction as an impeachable offense has
little to do with what constitutes obstruction as a criminal offense.

Schuman
2017-05-18 14:38:04 UTC
[...]
The vagueness of the impeachment article in the Constitution pretty much
means that an impeachable offense is whatever the House (by a simple
majority) deems it to be, and conviction is whatever the the Senate is
willing to agree to by a two thirds vote.
Trump's attempt to obstruct the FBI investigations into Flynn *and*
Trump's own Russian activities clearly rises to the impeachable-offense
version of obstruction.

Schuman
2017-05-18 15:06:39 UTC
[...]
Actions which have been asserted but not proven.
Trump did two things. In chronological order, he pressured Comey to
stop the FBI investigation into Flynn. This is not "proved" in the
sense of evidence presented in court, but it happened, and you know it
happened. I always like to trot out something I've used many times
regarding this standard of "proof". It's a citation from an excellent
novel by Raymond Chandler, "The High Window".
A police detective named Jesse Breeze is telling Philip Marlowe,
Chandler's detective character, something he knows about a murder case
in which Marlow finds himself entangled. Marlowe asks Breeze how he
knows it.
"I know it," Breeze said, spreading his hands. "Look, there are
things you know because you have them down in black and white.
And there are things you know because they are reasonable and
have to be so."
That's what Trump's interference and obstruction with the FBI
investigation into Flynn's Russian paymasters is, Pastor Gantry. We
have Comey's memo, which has been attested to by high-ranking FBI agents
who saw it and who reported that to the press. No, you don't "need to
know their names", Pastor Gantry - you *know* that this reporting is
right, and that the contents of the memo - which exists - were
accurately conveyed to the news media.
The second instance of Trump's obstruction is the act itself of firing
Comey. Trump's bumbling and humiliated shills shoveled a lot of
bullshit on this one, saying that Sessions and Rosenstein "recommended"
the firing of Comey, but then Trump - your idiot - completely demolished
that by stating, flatly, that he fired Comey expressly because of the
"Russia thing." Trump said that on national television, you idiot.
So, two assertions of Trump's obstruction, both proved *as much* as they
need to be proved, and in the case of the second one, Pastor Gantry, we
*DO* have it down in black and white.
You're fucked. You're fucked, and you know you're fucked.

Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-18 15:15:11 UTC
Congress has plenary authority to impeach and convict people
in the federal government.
No it doesn't. "Plenary" means unrestricted. A restriction of
"Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors" is
not a grant of plenary power. Not that it matters. The whole
argument is academic. The House is not going to impeach Trump.
There sure are a lot of pseudo-lawyers loose of late...lol..
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-18 15:16:54 UTC
Trump's attempt to obstruct the FBI investigations into Flynn *and*
Trump's own Russian activities clearly rises to the
impeachable-offense version of obstruction.
The House is not going to impeach Trump. Go find another horse
to beat, that one was dead without even leaving the stable.
Is little man Ball in the back yard yapping again?

Tsk...
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-18 15:17:42 UTC
Here's hoping that after a couple of months, Trump orders Sessions to
fire Mueller. Sessions, a toady, will do it, and then the
impeachment
proceedings will take off like the SR-71 Blackbird.
I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the President has plenary
authority to fire anyone in the Executive branch for any reason
whatsoever.
Not the issue. When he fires him and *admits* that it was because of
the investigation into the "Russia thing", in which "thing" Trump is
stewing up to his eyebrows, that's obstruction.
Then you really need to read this.
https://ethicsalarms.com/2017/05/17/ethical-quote-of-the-month-former-harvard-law-professor-alan-dershowitz/
I don't. What constitutes obstruction as an impeachable offense has
little to do with what constitutes obstruction as a criminal offense.
The House of Representatives is not going to impeach Trump.
Anyone who thinks otherwise has an overactive imagination.
Libitards are like that.
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-18 15:18:48 UTC
And of course, the whole Russian interference thing is just one
incoherent fairy tale. These people can not even describe HOW the
Russians interfered.
Thousands of illegal Russians swam the Bering Strait to vote in Alaska.
Wait, did Sarah Palin see them voting?

This changes everything...
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-18 15:23:56 UTC
Trump's attempt to obstruct the FBI investigations into Flynn *and*
Trump's own Russian activities clearly rises to the
impeachable-offense version of obstruction.
Actions which have been asserted but not proven.
Also:

But by writing a memo, Comey has put himself in a box. If he now
accuses the President of obstruction, he places himself in legal
jeopardy for failing to promptly and properly report it. If he says it
was merely an uncomfortable conversation, he clears the president of
wrongdoing and sullies his own image as a guy who attempted to smear the
man who fired him.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/16/gregg-jarrett-comeys-revenge-is-gun-without-powder.html
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-18 15:25:08 UTC
I don't. What constitutes obstruction as an impeachable offense has
little to do with what constitutes obstruction as a criminal offense.
The vagueness of the impeachment article in the Constitution pretty much
means that an impeachable offense is whatever the House (by a simple
majority) deems it to be, and conviction is whatever the the Senate is
willing to agree to by a two thirds vote.
Last President successfully impeached was?
crickets<
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-18 15:26:16 UTC
[...]
Section 1510 of Title 18 of the United States Code addresses
obstruction of criminal investigations. It is a narrow statute,
criminalizing only willful acts “by means of bribery” that have the
effect of obstructing the communication of information about crimes to
federal investigators. Even assuming Mr. Comey’s memo is accurate, there
is no indication that President Trump willfully attempted to bribe the
F.B.I. director. As the Supreme Court stated in United States v.
Sun-Diamond Growers of California, “for bribery there must be a quid pro
quo — a specific intent to give or receive something of value in
exchange for an official act.”
Michael

Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-18 15:29:33 UTC
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/politics/robert-mueller-special-counsel-russia->investigation.html?_r=0
Here's hoping that after a couple of months, Trump orders Sessions to
fire Mueller. Sessions, a toady, will do it, and then the impeachment
proceedings will take off like the SR-71 Blackbird.
I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the President has plenary
authority to fire anyone in the Executive branch for any reason
whatsoever. All executive power is vested in the President.
Precisely.
And of course, the whole Russian interference thing is just one
incoherent fairy tale. These people can not even describe HOW the
Russians interfered.
Michael
I think they have been using an orbital mind control satellite beaming
the lurid fantasies of Lil Kim and his bottle rockets.
Schuman

Poor dumb Curt

Schuman

Schuman

Schuman

Schuman
2017-05-18 19:26:11 UTC
At this point nothing is "clear".
It is quite clear that Trump was and is trying to shut down the FBI
investigation into his and his associates' connections with Russia.
It is PROVED that he simply asked, not ordered anything.

You scumbag deep state running dog lackey!
Phil Laundry

Rudy Canoza
2017-05-20 20:02:01 UTC
Post by Schuman
It is quite clear that
11 years ago,
Hello, Poxed Pee-Pee! Why are you posting as "Phil Laundry" and using
discredited bullshit from Derek Nash?
Phil Laundry
2017-05-18 21:15:22 UTC
If you could get your head out of the right wing fake media, you'd see
differently.
Like you do from your leftarded fake news media?

Drop DEAD.
Phil Laundry
2017-05-18 21:17:43 UTC
I notice that you say it when you've lost a point - every time.
Please feel free to return when you've outgrown diapers.
It's little man Jonathan Ball again.

Rudy Canoza
Phil Laundry

Rudy Canoza
2017-05-20 20:01:56 UTC
Feb. 9
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-20 20:26:24 UTC
Post by Rudy Canoza
Hello, Poxed Pee-Pee!
Stop socking up, tRudy:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phil Laundry
2017-05-18 21:20:28 UTC
The doublethink is strong in you today.
You like that lame expression, as I've seen you use it quite a few times.
You are outed again, tRudy:

Rudy Canoza
2017-05-20 20:01:57 UTC
Phil Laundry

Rudy Canoza
2017-05-20 20:02:01 UTC
Schumer Lies
2017-05-19 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Schuman
[...]
11 years ago Barack Obama was an immigrant who couldn't qualify
for a job and went into politics to clean toilets.
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-19 15:18:39 UTC
Trump clearly has engaged in actions that
appear to be obstruction, and Congress can - and should - remove him for
it.
NOTHING TRUMP has done obstructs anything, the same investigations are
still going on.
All true.
They all have the same information.
That may be true.
All that has
changed is the incompetent partisan and incompetent hacks that Obama put
in place are being weeded-out of the system and mostly by their own
actions.
And that includes a whopping 60% of the NSC!
I think TRUMP should have fired them all at once and NOT just
when they show themselves to be incompetent, one at a time.
I completely agree.
-- That's Karma
Yes, he tried to be generous and ended up the victim of a witch hunt.
Phil Laundry
2017-05-20 16:21:35 UTC
Some "source" told him about the obstruction so he believes it.
No anonymous "source" needed in the face of overwhelming evidence....
-- That's Karma
Pooper scooper:

CNN host Anderson Cooper apologized for a "crude" remark directed at
President Trump supporter Jeffrey Lord during his show on Friday,
calling his comment "unprofessional."

During a segment on AC360, Cooper verbally sparred with Lord, a CNN
political commentator, over revelations that Trump reportedly told
Russian officials that former FBI Director James Comey is a "nut job"
who was adding pressure to the ongoing investigation of possible
interference in the 2016 election. Clearly frustrated with Lord's
response to the matter, Cooper interrupted the conservative pundit and
interjected with a not-so-subtle jab.

“If he took a dump on his desk, you would defend it,” Cooper told Lord.
“I don’t know what he would do that you would not defend.”

“You’re a loyal guy, I think that speaks well of you,” he added as Lord,
who initially laughed at Cooper's remark, looked on:

"If he took a dump on his desk you would defend it."
💩@andersoncooper what? 😲 pic.twitter.com/nD8ZfZKtVN
— Salvador Hernandez (@SalHernandez) May 20, 2017

Cooper later provided an apology both on-air and on Twitter:

I regret the crude sentence i spoke earlier tonight and followed it
up by apologizing on air. It was unprofessional. I am genuinely sorry.
— Anderson Cooper (@andersoncooper) May 20, 2017

"I regret the crude sentence I spoke earlier tonight and followed it up
by apologizing on air," the CNN host tweeted. "It was unprofessional. I
am genuinely sorry."

Naturally, Cooper's remark made the social media rounds, with some
prominent Hollywood figures sounding off:

I love @andersoncooper! #jefferylord and @JackKingston have really
flushed their credibility in my eyes. pic.twitter.com/RszSlnD95Y
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) May 20, 2017

#Scatologist#AndersonCooper sets a new low for
#CNN#PooperScooperhttps://t.co/kjdtEkQVBg
— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) May 20, 2017

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/05/20/anderson-cooper-jeffrey-lord-president-trump/101910560/