Your Tax Dollars at Work
Add Reply
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-26 04:08:44 UTC
It's certainly cheaper then fishing dead ducklings out of the pool.
How cheap is your treason, Shitzie?

I'm always reminded of YOUR very *special personal sentiments* regarding
the attacks of 911, Bill:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bill Shatzer wrote:

And over 4,000 Americans have paid with their lives for that little
adventure. Plus a half a trillion dollars in national treasure
You might compare that with the number of lives lost on 9-11. Or the
economic injury incurred from that event.

It would have been cheaper in both lives and money to just suffer
another 9-11 every six or seven years.

Peace and justice,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think we can ALL do well to reflect on what kind of sick sociopath
would come up with those words in honor of 911...
Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-26 23:39:50 UTC
Aren't you glad to see a bit of your tax money go to build ramps to give ducks
easier access to the reflecting pool in D.C.?
http://www.theblaze.com/podcasts/youll-be-excited-to-learn-your-tax-dollars-were-spent-to-help-ducks-with-this/
No indication how much it cost us, but any government that would do that would
be careless elsewhere as well. The ramps we paid for are so slick that young ducks
cannot use them, and there is a rumor that older ducks can fly and don't need
those ramps.
Cheer up Harold- these things look like they cost about ten dollars each.
For you or me, maybe. Don't forget, this is the same government that gave us
$75 hammers and $500 toilet seats. (Numbers from memory and probably not exact.)
Ever see the paperwork involved in dealing with the feds? I have. That paperwork
alone probably at least doubles the cost of most everything they buy. In fact,
your own link says, "Nancy Skinkle, a director in AOC's Planning and Project Management Division (PPM), and Ted Bechtol, Superintendent of Capitol Grounds, worked with Anne Lewis, President of City Wildlife, to understand the needs of ducklings, provide design guidelines and research options available to address the problem."
At least two of our hired hands spent time on our dime working on this. That costs, probably a lot more than the actual ramps once designed.
https://www.aoc.gov/blog/three-quacks-union-square-duck-ramps
It's certainly cheaper then fishing dead ducklings out of the pool.
And how many dead ducklings did they have to fish out? Even your link doesn't say,
it just says that "Some ducklings have trouble climbing out of the pool or returning to it once out of the water." Big difference between having trouble
(which is a normal part of life for any wild critter) and dying.
And did you even read the article I linked? The ramps don't work, they are too
slick for the little critters.
Or maybe we could have Representative Mark Walker (R NC) assigned to
cover that task on his lunch breaks?
If it bothers you, I'll be glad to pay your share of the costs.
Did you read my post? I said that any government willing to waste money in that
manner undoubtedly wastes it everywhere else as well. This is only one example
of government waste.
Shitzie loves him so big old gubmint waste, makes his statist dog heart
go pitter patter.
Poor dumb Curt

Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-27 22:47:50 UTC
At least two of our hired hands spent time on our dime working on this. That costs, probably a lot more than the actual ramps once designed.
https://www.aoc.gov/blog/three-quacks-union-square-duck-ramps
How many duck ramps do you suppose might be constructed for the cost of
one weekend at Mar-a-Lago? 50,000? 75,000? An even 100 grand?
At least Mar-a-Largo is a Trump owned facility so taxpayers don't have to pay
for his lodging there.
And where were you when Obama was gallivanting to all sorts of vacation spots
on the taxpayers' dime?
You wanna bitch about government spending, forget the nickle and dime
stuff like duck ramps and focus in on things that make a difference.
It's certainly cheaper then fishing dead ducklings out of the pool.
If it bothers you, I'll be glad to pay your share of the costs.
Did you read my post? I said that any government willing to waste money in that
manner undoubtedly wastes it everywhere else as well. This is only one example
of government waste.
It is far from clear that the duck ramps were a "waste of money".
If the ducks cannot get up the slippery ramp, it was a waste of money.
And if
they were, de minimus non curat lex.
You studiously ignore what I wrote *twice*. This is an example of how our government
wastes our money. One example among many. Too bad Proxmire is no longer around
to hand out his Golden Fleece Award.
Heh, it would have surely inflated to platinum fleece by now...
Poor dumb Curt

Poor dumb Curt
2017-05-28 16:00:33 UTC
Mar-a-Lago